This Cream Corn recipe is the easiest side dish recipe, ever! One bite and everything that you thought that you knew about corn are going to be out the window and forgotten! Trust me when I say that this simple corn dish is going to be perfect to serve up all year long.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Everyone thinks that corn has to be on a cob or steamed in butter, but it can be so much more than that! Get ready to find your new favorite way to cook up corn - I know everyone in my house loves it!
Why is it called creamed corn?
This recipe is called cream corn because of the ingredients that are combined with corn. You're creating a slurry and also using heavy cream which gives a nice and creamy texture.
What is the difference between corn and creamed corn?
Corn typically is made with just corn and butter and salt. Creamed corn has other ingredients in it that add that creamy texture.
What Is Creamed Corn Used For?
This simple cream corned recipe is used as the perfect side dish! You can whip it up for any holiday or BBQ!
Cream Corn Recipe Ingredients
- Frozen corn
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper
- Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Creamed Corn
In a Saucepan sweat onion in butter over medium heat.
Add Corn and Red Bell Pepper and sauté for several minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the cream gradually, stirring constantly.
Slowly add the cornstarch slurry, stirring constantly.
Continue cooking over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Add Sugar, Salt, and Pepper to taste; Add parsley.
Can You Eat Cornbread With Creamed Corn?
The answer is yes! Cornbread and creamed corn are a perfect match. The sweetness of the cornbread pairs well with the rich, creamy texture of the creamed corn. Plus, they are both made with corn, so they have a natural affinity for each other.
If you are looking for a new way to enjoy cornbread, try it with some creamed corn. You won't be disappointed!
Irish Creamed Corn And Irish Soda Bread
Just add some green food coloring to the creamed corn when you're making it and Viola! You have a delicious and festive dish to enjoy.
- 2 Bags frozen corn (16oz Bags, thawed)
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- ½ Onion (small diced)
- 1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper (Jarred is fine)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (equal parts water for a slurry)
- 1-2 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- In a Saucepan sweat onion in butter over medium heat.
- Add Corn and Red Bell Pepper and sauté for several minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream gradually, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the cornstarch slurry, stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add Sugar, Salt, and Pepper to taste; Add parsley.