Love a good Strawberry Caprese Salad? Then you’ll love it in skewer form! Our Keto Strawberry Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze makes a quick and easy appetizer that is sure to be a hit at your next party. It’s a fun variation of the traditional Caprese salad which replaces the classic tomato with sweet strawberries. Fresh strawberries pair beautifully here with the rich balsamic glaze and aromatic sprigs of fresh basil.
Grab some 6″ skewers to make this simple strawberry summer recipe. It’s ketogenic and the perfect way to get some sweet fruit into your low carb lifestyle.
If you’re making this to serve immediately, you should note that the warm balsamic glaze will start to melt the cheese on contact. For a cleaner presentation, avoid adding the glaze to the cheese while drizzling it onto the skewers.
Ingredients For Caprese Strawberry Skewers
- 16 fresh, small strawberries, washed and cut in half across the width, hull intact
- 32 medium fresh basil leaves, washed and patted dry
- 16 Ciliegine (mini-Mozzarella balls)
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 T. high-quality extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
1. Thread the top half of one strawberry onto a wooden skewer with the hull facing up. Next, fold one basil leaf in half, dark side facing out, and add it to the skewer. Add one mini-Mozzarella ball, followed by another folded basil leaf, and the bottom half of the strawberry.
2. Repeat Step #1 with the remaining strawberries, basil, and Mozzarella
until you have 16 completed skewers. Arrange on a serving platter and set aside.
3. To prepare the glaze, add balsamic vinegar to a small sauté pan over
medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently until the vinegar is reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume.
4. Remove glaze from heat and let cool slightly. Drizzle over the skewers, along with some extra virgin olive oil, if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
To make traditional Caprese skewers, simply replace the 16 strawberries used in this recipe with 8 red and 8 yellow/orange grape tomatoes for skewers that look like the below.
Keto Strawberry Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze
The recipe nutrition information includes the olive oil used for drizzling.