This patriotic red white and blue layer cake is a fun and festive dessert perfect for the Fourth of July, Memorial Day, or any summertime celebration! These show stopping mini 4th July cakes feature three moist and fluffy layers of vanilla cake, each sandwiched with delicious cream. It’s then topped with a creamy white and blue cream. Perfect for any patriotic occasion!
July 4th Desserts
Having desserts on July 4th is a must! And this patriotic red white and blue layer cake makes the perfect treat for any Fourth of July party! It’s also a great dessert to bring to a potluck or picnic.
Ingredients For Fourth Of July Cake
Here are the ingredients needed to make these easy 4th July cakes.
For the Red, White and blue layers:
– 2 eggs
– 150 g of sugar
– 1.5-2 cups of wheat flour
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 100 ml of sour cream
– blue and red food coloring
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or butter (for the mold)
For the cream:
– 1 cup sour cream
– 1 cup of sugar
How To Color Whipped Cream
Whether you’re using sour cream or your favorite whipped cream you can move this cake up another level by adding food coloring to the mix. It’s really simple and easy to do. All you need is a couple of food colorings, some drops of water, and a little bit of time.
How To Make A Red White And Blue Cake
1. Mix eggs with sugar.
2. Add flour and sour cream, baking powder, and vanilla if desired.
3. Mix the batter further.
4. Divide the mixture into three parts. Add blue coloring to one cake and red coloring to the second cake. Leave one cake white.
5. Bake the cakes in the oven. Bake at 200C for 15 minutes. Cool and cut-out circles from the cakes.
How To Make Cream For Your 4th July Layer Cakes
Combine the sour cream with sugar. Smear the prepared sponge cake circles with the cream before adding each layer of cake. Top with a final layer of cream.
You can also add some fruit for decoration, or simply dust with powdered sugar.
I hope you enjoy this patriotic red white and blue layer cake recipe! Please share it with your friends and family. And don’t forget to check out my other fantastic recipes.
More Topping Ideas For Your 4th July Cake
This patriotic red white and blue layer cake is delicious as is, but there are a few more things you could do to take it up a notch.
– Add some fresh berries on top for a pop of color and sweetness.
– Top with whipped cream and a cherry for a classic July 4th look.
– Decorate with stars and stripes for a truly patriotic dessert.
No matter how you choose to decorate this cake, it’s sure to be a hit at any Fourth of July gathering! So, if you’re looking for a festive and delicious dessert to make
- - 2 eggs;
- - 150 g of sugar;
- - 1.5-2 cups of wheat flour;
- - 1 tablespoon baking powder;
- - 100 ml of sour cream;
- - blue and red food coloring;
- - 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or butter (for the mold).
- For the cream:
- - 1 cup sour cream
- - 1 cup of sugar
- - sprinkling.
1. Mix eggs with sugar
2. Add flour and sour cream, baking powder and vanilla if desired.
3. Mix the batter
4. Divide it into three parts. Add coloring to two of them.
5. Bake biscuits. Bake at 200C for 15 minutes. Cool, cut out circles.
6. Cream: mix sour cream with sugar. Smear the prepared sponge cake circles, fold the slide.
4th Of July Baking
Baking is really fun and baking on the 4th of July can give you a great sense of patriotism. There are so many recipes to choose from: cookies, cupcakes, cakes, pies, and tarts. I enjoy trying new recipes every year and sharing them with friends and family.
What Is your favorite 4th July recipe?
What Other Foods Are Great For 4th July Parties?
If you’re looking for some other great Fourth of July recipes, here are a few of my favorites:
– All-American Apple Pie: This classic pie is always a hit! And it’s so easy to make. Just use your favorite recipe or even a store-bought pie crust to save time. You can even make your own apple pie filling following this recipe here! Instant Pot Apple Pie Filling.
– Stars and Stripes Flag Cake: This show-stopping cake is perfect for any patriotic occasion! It’s easy to make and always looks impressive.
– Old-Fashioned Lemonade: You can’t have a Fourth of July celebration without lemonade! This refreshing drink is perfect for hot summer days.
-Shrimp Skewers: Shrimp skewers are a great way to add some protein to your Fourth of July feast! And they’re so easy to make. Just thread shrimp onto skewers and grill or broil until cooked through.
– Grilled Chicken: Grilled chicken is a Fourth of July staple! And it’s so easy to make. Just marinate your chicken in your favorite sauce or seasoning and cook on the grill.
-Tasty Chicken Pot Pies, A fun and simple treat and a great finger food for your 4th July celebration.
– Fireworks Rice Krispie Treats: These fun and festive treats are perfect for any Fourth of July party! They’re easy to make and always a hit with kids and adults alike.
I hope you enjoy this post. Don’t forget to share your favorites with me in the comments below.