Fantastic 4th July Party Ideas You Must Try!
4th July Party Ideas For Adults And Kids
The Fourth of July is one of America’s biggest holidays, and there are tons of different ways that people like to celebrate. If you’re looking for some fun and unique ideas for your Fourth of July party this year, check out these ten great options!
What Is The 4th July?
There are so many ways to celebrate the Fourth of July but what Is the Fourth of July and why do Americans Celebrate this day?
The Fourth of July— also known as Independence Day or July 4th— has been a federal holiday in the United States since 1941, but the tradition of celebrating America’s birthday goes back to the 18th century and the American Revolution.
On July 2nd, 1776, the Continental Congress voted in favor of independence from Britain and two days later, on July 4th, delegates from the 13 colonies adopted the Declaration of Independence, a document drafted by Thomas Jefferson.
In 1781, the United States officially became a country when the 13 states ratified the Articles of Confederation.
So, Americans celebrate the Fourth of July as the birthday of their nation— a day to remember the courage and vision of the country’s Founding Fathers as well as to celebrate America’s unique heritage of freedom and liberty.
The Best 4th July Party Ideas
Here are ten fun ways to celebrate July Fourth this year!
1. Have a Patriotic scavenger hunt! Hide items around your party area that are red, white, and blue, and see who can find them all the quickest.
2. Make some Fourth of July-themed games! Try a water balloon toss with red, white, and blue balloons, or have a three-legged race with teams of two people tying their ankles together.
3. Put together a Fourth of July-themed fashion show! Have your guests dress up in their best patriotic outfits and walk the runway. You can even give prizes for the most creative, funniest, or best overall outfit.
4. Serve some delicious Fourth of July-themed food! Make a red, white and blue layer cake, or try some star-shaped watermelon slices. Cook some paprika shrimp on the bbq or make a fun fruit salad with patriotic-colored fruits.
5. Decorate your party space in red, white, and blue! Hang American flags and streamers around the area, and make sure to light up the night with some festive glow sticks or lanterns.
Try making 4th July Crafts with the kids using red, white and blue paper.
6. Have a karaoke sing-off with patriotic songs! See who can belt out classics like “The Star-Spangled Banner” or “America the Beautiful” the best.
7. Set up a photo booth with Fourth of July props! This is a great way to capture memories of your party, and it’s also lots of fun for your guests. Make sure to have some patriotic hats, masks, glasses, and signs on hand for people to use in their photos.
8. Put on a Fourth of July-themed movie marathon! Watch classics like “Independence Day” or “National Treasure,” or try something new like “Captain America: The First Avenger.”
10. Spend the day at the beach! This is a great way to celebrate the Fourth of July if you live near a beach or if the weather is nice. Spend the day swimming, sunbathing, and playing beach games, and then finish off the night with a bonfire on the sand.
4th July Activities For Adults
Whilst the above party ideas are great for kids, these 4th July party ideas are also good for adults, however if you’d like a few more adult activity ideas, why not try one of the following:
1. Make a Fourth of July-themed cocktail! There are plenty of recipes online for patriotic drinks, or you can make up your own. Try an “All-American” with bourbon, cherry juice, and blueberries, or a “Fired Up” with vodka, cranberry juice, and grenadine.
2. Have a Fourth of July-themed trivia night! See how much your guests know about American history and culture with this fun quiz. You can even give prizes for the winners.
3. Play some patriotic-themed party games! One popular game is “Pin the Star on the Flag,” or you could try a Fourth of July-themed scavenger hunt.
4. Have a firework display! This is one of the most popular ways to celebrate the Fourth of July, and it’s sure to be a hit with your guests. Just be sure to follow all safety guidelines and have someone designated to light the fireworks.
5. Have a barbecue! This is a classic Fourth of July activity, and it’s perfect for feeding a large group of people. Grill up some burgers and hot dogs, and don’t forget the sides like potato salad and corn on the cob.
Whatever way you choose to celebrate, these Fourth of July party ideas are sure to make your event a hit! Have fun and enjoy the holiday!