Do you have ground turkey in your refrigerator just waiting to be used? Do you love burgers? If you answered yes to either or both of these questions then you’re going to love this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Mac with Turkey recipe.
I started back on Weight Watchers, or WW, as it’s now called, last week. I’ve done really well at sticking to my points and even coming in under budget many days. In order to keep myself on track, I thought it would be a good idea to make meals that I’d love. See, that’s the best thing about Weight Watchers, you don’t have to say goodbye to the foods you love; you just have to enjoy them in moderation.
The Best of Both Worlds
I’m a sucker for macaroni and cheese. I mean, who isn’t, right? I’m also a huge fan of cheeseburgers. So, logical thinking told me that combining the two would make for a delicious meal with less cleanup. I brought out the Instant Pot and gathered my ingredients.
I used extra lean ground turkey (97%) for this recipe and made sure to sop up any liquid/fat during the browning phase. I just dabbed at the bottom of the pot with a paper towel ball until there was nothing left.
Make it in Advance
Since this is such a quick meal (5 minutes of searing + 6 minutes of cooking + 5 minutes of building pressure), you can easily make it whenever and serve it later. It would be perfect for lunch later in the week if you’re a meal planner. At just 7 points (on Blue) per 6 oz. serving, you can’t go wrong.
Can You Freeze Instant Pot Cheeseburger Mac with Turkey?
I haven’t tried freezing this (yet) but would imagine it’s possible. Seal individual servings in airtight containers and freeze until ready to serve. I would heat it in the microwave, uncovered, for 4 minutes, then stir it and return it for another 4 minutes.
- 16 oz. Ground turkey, 97% lean
- 1⁄2 c Vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 c Elbows macaroni
- 3 c Unsalted cooking chicken stock
- 1⁄4 c Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Table salt
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp Fresh thyme
- 2 c Reduced fat finely shredded fiesta blend cheese (or other reduced fat cheese)
- Spray the bottom of the Instant Pot's pot with nonstick cookig spray.
- Press the Brown/Saute button and then the start button. Add the turkey and break it up into small pieces. Cook until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the cheese.
- Screw the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the pressure knob is set to seal.
- Press the manual pressure button, set to high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Use the quick release (turn the knob) method when done. Stir in the cheese and serve immediately or put in containers for later meals.
7 WW Points on Blue per 6 oz. serving
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 6 oz.
Amount Per Serving Calories 390Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 93mgSodium 792mgCarbohydrates 22gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 4gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 27g
A Great Meal For Kids
Children will love this Instant pot cheeseburger mac with turkey dish. It’s delicious and creamy and a real winner for the little ones. You could serve it in their favorite dinner plate alongside a range of vegetables. That would be a great option.