This Healthy Mongolian Beef Recipe is the perfect way to combine protein and flavor! Add a few chopped green onions and it’ll add flavor and color! Use this delicious Mongolian beef keto recipe as a way to cut the carbs without cutting any of the flavors.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
If you’re looking for a low carb and flavorful meal, you’re going to love this simple dinner recipe. It’s a fast and easy way to enjoy an amazing flavor in a short amount of time.
Hunan beef vs Mongolian beef
Did you know that there is a difference between the two? Hunan beef has more vegetables in it and also tends to be a bit more on the spicy side. (Both are super delicious!)
What to serve with mongolian beef?
It’s really up to you on what to serve with Mongolian beef. I like to serve it with a side of cauliflower rice so that I can still stay away from the carbs. If you’re not worried about carbs, white rice or brown rice is best.
Ingredients for Keto Mongolian beef recipe
- Ground beef
- Sugar free teriyaki sauce
- Soy sauce
- Chili garlic sauce
- Swerve brown sugar substitute
- Minced garlic
- Ginger paste
- Beef Broth
- Chopped green onions
How To Make Keto Mongolian Beef
I promise that once you make this simple Mongolian beef recipe, it’s all you’re going to be craving! One bite and you’ll be hooked!
Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat.
In a bowl, mix together the beef broth, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar substitute, chili garlic sauce, minced garlic, and ginger paste. Stir to combine well.
Drain any excess grease from the ground beef, and reduce the heat to medium.
Pour the sauce over the ground beef, and simmer until mostly absorbed.
Sprinkle the dish with the green onions before serving.
What does Mongolian beef taste like?
It’s a tad bit sweeter of a beef flavoring, but you can easily add some spice to it if you’d like.
How to store leftover Mongolian Beef
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, you just need to store them in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge. Make sure that you let the beef cool down all the way before storing it. It should stay good for 2-3 days in the fridge.
To reheat, you can use the skillet on the stove or the microwave.
More Delicious Low Carb Recipes
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar free teriyaki sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 3 tsp. Minced garlic
- 2 tsp. Ginger paste
- ¼ C. Beef Broth
- ¼ C. Chopped green onions
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat.
- In a bowl, mix together the beef broth, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar substitute, chili garlic sauce, minced garlic and ginger paste. Stir to combine well.
- Drain any excess grease from the ground beef, and reduce the heat to medium.
- Pour the sauce over the ground beef, and simmer until mostly absorbed.
- Sprinkle the dish with the green onions before serving.