If you’re looking for a great DIY Halloween Decor idea then try this DIY Duct Tape Spider Web Door Sign. The step by step directions make it easy to follow and your kids will love creeping out their friends! This, along with the other DIY Duct Tape crafts we’re sharing come from Richela Fabian Morgan, the DIY Duct Tape Queen!
- Materials: black, orange, and gold duct tape, oversized sheet of paper (ideally 18″ x 24″), parchment paper.
- Tools: pencil, ruler, scissors, white grease pencil
1. Fold the oversized sheet of paper in half lengthwise, then fold in half crosswise. From the folded corner, draw a diagonal line to the opposite corner. You should now have two triangles. From the same corner, draw two more diagonal lines, dividing each triangle in half.
2. Starting at the bottom left corner, draw slightly U shaped line upward, connecting to the left end of the diagonal line above it. From this point, draw another U shaped line to the next diagonal line, and repeat until you reach the top right corner of the folded paper.
3. Starting approximately 2″ inward from the bottom left corner, repeat step #2.
4. Starting approximately 4″ inward from the bottom left corner, repeat step #2. You should now have 1/4 of a spider web pattern.
5. Carefully cut out the top two lines of the web pattern, cutting each drawn line approximately 1/4″ thick. Leave the middle part intact. Unfold the paper. This is the web template. Set aside.
6. Using black duct tape for the front side and gold duct tape for the back side, make a double-sided duct tape fabric measuring 18″ high and 24″ wide. (See instructional video: https://youtu.be/6YZSNYyy57w )
7. Take the web template and place it on top of the fabric. Trace the template onto the fabric. Remove the template and cut the web pattern out of the fabric.
8. On the parchment paper, draw a spider. (You can also do a Google search for “spider drawing” and trace any free illustrations.) Cover the drawing with orange duct tape. Flip over the parchment paper and you can still see the drawing. Cut out the drawing. Remove the parchment paper from the back of the spider and place it on the web.
9. On the parchment paper, draw “Boo!” in large bubble letters. Cover the drawing with gold duct tape. Flip over the parchment paper and you can still see the letters. Cut out the letters. Remove the parchment paper from the back of the letters and place it on the web.
Creator of the DIY Duct Tape Spider Web Door Sign
Richela Fabian Morgan began her duct tape odyssey 8 years ago with a simple bi-fold wallet, before writing the best-selling crafting books Tape It & Make It, Tape It & Make More, and Tape It & Wear It.
She is an indie crafter specializing in paper, adhesives, and found materials. Her newest duct tape crafting book, Duct Tape Bags, is available nationwide. For more information, please visit,www.RichelaFabianMorgan.com and connect with her on Facebook, www.facebook.com/CraftyRichela, Pinterest, www.pinterest.com/craftyrichela and Instagram, @richelafm.
For more fun duct tape projects, make sure to check out Fabian Morgan’s YouTube Channel,www.youtube.com/user/CraftyRichela.