Fried chicken wings are a comfort food many give up when eating healthier but these Keto Lemon Pepper Wings will satisfy that craving for you while still being low carb and keto-friendly.
You won’t even remember that they’re baked wings since the serve up crispy and delicious with a flavorful amount of spices and herbs to satisfy even your carb-eating friends on game day.
Indulge in this recipe put together for you since finding the perfect blend of homemade flavored seasonings can be more of an art.
Black peppercorns impart a BOLD flavor to this seasoning, so it’s best to start with a small amount and adjust upwards until you find the level of heat you prefer.
Once you do, you can create larger batches of this seasoning and store the remaining amounts in an airtight container for several months.
It’s great on poultry, fish
Serve these up on game day, as an appetizer at a family gathering or meal prep them for quick lunches when
Keto Lemon Pepper Wings
Keto Lemon Pepper Wings
Bold, flavorful baked wings that are low carb and delicious.
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 4-5 large organic lemons (zested)
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black peppercorns (crushed)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 4 lbs chicken wings (patted dry, tips removed)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Position oven rack to center position and preheat oven to warm (lowest setting).
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To prepare the lemon-pepper seasoning, wash the lemons and pat dry. Remove zest from each lemon with a microplane. While doing so, collect as much of the flavorful yellow outer layer as possible, while avoiding the more bitter white layer below.
- Spread the zest in a thin layer on the parchment paper and place in the oven. After 20 minutes, remove pan from oven and shake to make sure zest is drying evenly. Return to oven until thoroughly dried, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Remove dried lemon zest from the oven and increase oven temperature to 425°F.
- Add dried lemon zest to spice grinder or food processor along with salt, black peppercorns and other spices. Grind ingredients until desired consistency is reached. Taste and adjust ratio of salt and pepper as desired.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken wings with olive oil and 1 – 2 tablespoons of lemon-pepper seasoning and toss until evenly coated.
- Arrange seasoned chicken wings in a single layer on rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Do not overcrowd. Place baking sheet on center rack of preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and turn each wing to ensure they cook evenly on all sides. Return to oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until wings are browned and crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with sliced celery and blue cheese or ranch dressing, if desired.
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.