These easy keto meatloaf muffins will become a hit for your entire family. The simple twist on this classic traditional dish makes prep and clean up easy and also makes them super portable to take for lunch or playdates.
The awesome thing about this keto recipe is how customizable it is. Swap out the meat, seasons and cheeses to make this dish over and over again without feeling like you’re eating the same thing all the while.
You could even make different variations at the same time since you’re making individual portions. This is great for family members with different tastes or dietary needs.
If you use fresh seasonings and ground beef like this recipe calls for, you may notice a bit of excess moisture at the top of your muffins after baking. Simply drain this moisture off over your sink before adding your cheese as described in the recipe instructions.
Fresh ingredients help to flavor your ground meat especially beef and turkey which are dry and flavorless without these added ingredients.
Keto Meatloaf Muffins Ingredients
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- ¼ cup yellow onions chopped finely
- 1 large celery stalk chopped finely
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves chopped finely
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¾ cup Colby Jack cheese shredded
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
How To Make Keto Meatloaf Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients together with your hands, except for the shredded cheese.
- Divide beef mixture into 12 equal-sized portions and place into the prepared muffin tin openings. Place in pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and carefully drain any excess moisture off the top of each muffin by gently tipping the tray over your sink. Wipe excess liquid off top of muffin tin and top each muffin with the shredded cheese.
- Broil on high for 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes before removing muffins from tin. Serve immediately or freeze for later use. Enjoy!
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.