Frittatas are one of the easiest and most convenient keto recipes you can whip up and they are so customizable! You can throw anything inside a keto frittata to change the entire flavor profile and never get bored while losing weight on the keto diet.
This easy keto frittata is loaded with arugula, portobello mushrooms and topped with feta cheese. You can easily switch out the ingredients with your favorite greens, mushrooms or cheese and even add a protein like chicken, bacon or sausages to bring the flavor and nutrient count up a notch.
Frittatas are often prepared
in well-seasoned cast iron skillets or other non-stick ovenproof pans or
cookware. However, a standard 10” non-stick skillet will also work provided you
don’t try to pop it in the oven!
This savory stovetop frittata is easy to make and really versatile. The most difficult part is deciding whether you should enjoy it for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Easy Keto Frittata Recipe with Arugula, Portobello Mushroom and Feta Cheese
A really easy, quick and versatile meal-preppable keto recipe that can be served any time of day.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 23 minutes
Total Time 38 minutes
- 6 whole eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 baby Portobellos washed, gills removed, stems chopped, and caps cut into thin slices
- 2 handfuls arugula washed and dried
- 6 cherry tomatoes washed and cut in half
- 2 oz Feta cheese cut into equal-size chunks
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 6 eggs, half & half, water, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper until blended. Set aside
- Add olive oil to a 10” non-stick skillet and heat over medium heat. Add Portobello mushroom slices and chopped stems and cook approximately 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the mushrooms are browned, remove 3 uniformly sized mushroom slices from the pan and set aside.
- Add arugula to pan and stir constantly until wilted, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- With a spoon, spread ingredients into a uniform layer across the bottom of the pan, ensuring an even distribution of mushrooms and arugula throughout. Pour egg mixture on top and let cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the egg begins to set on bottom.
- Reduce heat to just above the “low” setting and cover. Cook 8-9 minutes, then remove cover and arrange the 3 Portobello strips, cherry tomato halves, and Feta chunks in a decorative pattern, if desired. If not, simply scatter those ingredients across the top of the frittata before covering again.
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through and the Feta has just begun to melt. Remove from heat and carefully transfer to a serving platter and cut into wedges.
- Serve warm or enjoy at room temperature.
Related keto recipes:
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.