Air Fryer Chicken Parm
It’s hard to believe that I’ve had my Air Fryer for almost two years now and haven’t used it for much other than frozen fries. Normally, when I get a new gadget, I experiment right away (like with my Instant Pot). For some reason, airy frying intimidated me so much that I stuck with only making things that came in the freezer section and had clear air fryer instructions. That is until earlier this week when I decided to make this Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan.
I LOVE chicken parm but it’s a lot of work to bread it, fry it, transfer it to the oven, and still prepare the pasta. I was ready for something easier. I thought my first attempt at air fryer chicken parmesan would be a disaster, but it was anything but. In just 12 minutes I had the perfect meal with almost no cleanup.
Make Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Recipe Easily!
I used a jar of my own premade sauce, but you can definitely use any sauce you want for this recipe. The only thing you can’t do in the air fryer (that I know if) is make the pasta. Of course, you don’t have to serve chicken parmesan with noodles, but I do. I wish that I had taken more photos but I honestly wasn’t expecting the first recipe attempt to work. But having tasted it, I wouldn’t change a thing about this recipe. The chicken is juicy, the breading is crispy, and the entire chicken parmesan dish is perfection.
I have a 6-quart air fryer so I was able to easily cook two breasts at a time. If your air-fryer won’t hold both without them touching, then you’ll need to do batches. Otherwise, you could be left with a mushy breading on your chicken parmesan, and that just won’t do! Don’t worry, they don’t take long at all to cook.
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- 2 - 4 -6 oz. chicken breasts
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ c. of your favorite pasta sauce + more for pasta (optional)
- ½ c. mozzarella cheese
- Preheat Air Fryer to 360F for three minutes.
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper and pound to around 1/2 inch thickness.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Panko, seasonings, and Parmesan cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture, flipping to make sure both sides are covered.
- Drag each chicken breasts through the bread crumb + cheese mixture, pressing to make sure each side is coated.
- Spray your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray and place each chicken breast in the basket. Be sure they are not touching. Cook for 6 minutes at 360F.
- Carefully open the basket and flip each breast over. Top each chicken breast with ¼ cup of your preferred sauce and ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese. Cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the basket and set it on a plate. Allow the chicken to rest for 2 minutes before serving with your favorite pasta, garlic bread, salad, and/or any other fixings.